[Other party’s name]
[Other party’s address]
Re: Your claim
Policy Number: ______________
Claim Number: ______________
I refer to your letter dated [date]
I wish to raise a dispute about the amount being claimed.
I believe the amount being claimed is unreasonable because: [Choose the appropriate option(s)]
- The type or model of the hire car used was more than what was reasonable to meet your needs. My understanding is that the damaged car was used for [Consider the other person’s circumstances – was it a personal family car used for family/shopping/transport to school or work, or was there additional requirements such as business use]; and/or
- The hire car costs are excessive. Please see attached quotes for hire car costs; and/or
- The hire car being charged is for a longer period of time than the time the car was in a smash repairer for repair [Give details].
I look forward to a detailed response to the dispute raised.
I offer to settle your claim in full and final settlement on the following terms: [Choose the appropriate option(s)]
- The amount of $XXXX to be paid within X days of the date you accept this offer
- The amount of $XXXX to be paid in instalments of $XXX per month until repaid